Join Our Team!
The Foundation Fighting Blindness (FFB) staff are a high-energy, dedicated team determined to make a difference in the fight against blindness. We are motivated by the profound impact that sight-saving research and education programs have on families living with blinding eye diseases.
The FFB is an equal opportunity employer and supports applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process.
The Foundation Fighting Blindness (FFB) is Canada’s largest registered charity committed to sight saving research; contributing over $32M to leading edge eye research. The Foundation has funded many research discoveries and is accelerating breakthroughs in treatments and cures. Equally important is our commitment to the individuals, families, and friends living with eye diseases through our education programs.
The Foundation is known for its signature events, Ride for Sight, Comic Vision, and Cycle for Sight. Working from our national office in downtown Toronto, you will join a high-energy, dedicated team determined to make a difference in the fight against blindness. We are motivated by the profound impact that sight-saving research and education programs have on families living with blinding eye diseases. You’ll see results.
Reporting to the Director, Research & Education, you will work across all departments and regularly consult with the senior management team to develop, implement, and continually assess the FFB’s strategic communications plan, responding proactively to successes and challenges with creative solutions. In this role, you will require exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. You will drive the FFB’s digital future while also developing campaigns with supporting print and web-based materials that connect with the FFB’s diverse stakeholders. We are seeking an accomplished communications professional with demonstrated experience implementing innovative digital campaigns. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is eloquent, creative, digitally savvy, efficient, flexible and able to manage multiple competing priorities.
Collaborate across all FFB departments, including Research & Education, Events, and Philanthropy to ensure consistent messaging and brand integrity
- Taking a “hands on” approach, lead the development, implementation and evaluation of a cohesive strategic communications plan to drive education, advocacy, engagement and fundraising success. Initiatives include, but are not limited to:
- – Digital strategy
- – WordPress-based website
- – Print and web-based materials
- – Monthly e-news strategy (e.g., oversee health of list, identify and monitor benchmarks, develop retargeting strategies, develop donation opportunities, etc.)
- – Social media
Other Responsibilities Include:
- – Develop key messages, create and maintain appropriate and consistent language and terminology across all media
- – Create content to support fundraising activities
- – Manage ambassador program
- – Project manage production of tri-annual printed newsletter
- – Create, implement and manage annual year-end fundraising e-campaign
- – Manage external graphic designer and website developer
- – Manage media relations
- – Manage the organization’s social media accounts
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- – Experience and demonstrated expertise in communications and digital strategies
- – Demonstrated expertise with WordPress
- – Demonstrated expertise with Blackbaud’s Raisers’ Edge
- – Demonstrated expertise with digital tools to drive and analyze online engagement, including MailChimp, SEO and SEM optimization, Google AdWords, Google Analytics (certificates an asset)
- – Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft’s Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- – Experience with design is an asset
– Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset
- – Experience with project managing a website redesign an asset.
- – Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- – Strong outreach, presentation and interpersonal skills
- – Strong attention to detail
- – Relevant post secondary degree
- – Membership Association of Fundraising Professionals is an asset
The current annual salary range for this permanent fulltime position is $50,000 to $65,000. Compensation also includes a comprehensive benefit package and membership in the group registered retirement savings plan.
START DATE: As soon as possible
In addition to a cover letter and resume, all applications must include a writing sample. Please visit our website (www.ffb.ca) and compose a 300-500 word article that would be appropriate as a post on ffb.ca
Please submit your application prior to 9:00 am on November 26th, 2018 to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Foundation Fighting Blindness is an equal opportunity employer and supports applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request for accommodation with your application.
The FFB has a variety of internship/co-op positions open throughout the year. If you are interested in doing your internship/co-op with us, please do not hesitate to contact Diem Luong at firstname.lastname@example.org.