Do you have questions about your vision health? Do you want to learn how to access emerging treatments? Do you want to discover your best vision care pathway? If you answered yes, then Vision Quest 2016 is for you!
Every year, the Foundation Fighting Blindness hosts a series of educational conferences across Canada called Vision Quest. Each event is carefully designed to ensure that people living with vision loss and their families can make life-changing connections with Canada’s top eye care specialists and leading vision researchers. Importantly, Vision Quest connects people living with low vision and blindness with a community of support.
“It’s an inspiring day. The best part is to meet other individuals and parents LIVING (not just getting by) with vision loss. To know that there is hope for us is beautiful.” – 2015 Vision Quest attendee
Here are the new and exciting initiatives at Vision Quest 2016:
- Each Vision Quest event will have 3 co-chairs, including a clinical chair, a research chair and a patient chair, who will work together to build the best possible program
- Sessions focused on specific disease areas to allow more in depth questions and community building
- Interactive Science Gallery will allow attendees to get hands on experience with cutting edge vision research that is paving the way to new treatments
- New sessions devoted entirely to clinical trials in Canada and around the world
- Launching new How to Guides that provide straight-forward instructions about how to access your best vision care, including, How to Get Genetic Testing and How to Enroll in a Clinical Trial
- Click on the links below to register for your local event today:
- Toronto – Age-Related Macular Degeneration (September 8)
- Edmonton – Age-Related Macular Degeneration (September 17)
- Edmonton – Inherited Retinal Diseases (September 17)
- St. John’s (October 15)
- Ottawa – Age-Related Macular Degeneration (October 22)
- Ottawa – Inherited Retinal Diseases (October 22)
- Toronto – Inherited Retinal Disease clinical trial session (November 4)
- Vancouver (Stay tuned! Date will be announced soon)
Do you want Vision Quest to come to your city! Let us know!