Job Type: Part-time, 1 year contract with possibility of extension (Sept. 12, 2017 – Sep. 12, 2018)
Hours per Week: 15
Compensation: $19 per hour
Have an impact with the Foundation Fighting Blindness (FFB):
With the support of our donors, the FFB has invested $32 million to support vision research across Canada. That’s over 200 research grants that have led to over 600 new discoveries in exciting areas of study that support our goal of understanding why vision loss occurs, how it can be slowed or stopped, and how sight can be restored.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, go-getter, who wants to make a difference by helping us with our three signature fundraising events that take place across the country – Comic Vision, Cycle for Sight and Ride for Sight.
If you’re hoping to have a true impact on people’s lives, then this opportunity might be for you!
Some of your tasks would include:
- Responding to events inquiries (by phone, email and letter)
- Aiding in the promotion of events via social media and printed materials
- Assisting with lead-in events such as trade shows and launch parties
- Tracking and maintaining inventory of merchandise, fundraising awards and event supplies
- Organizing, packaging and shipping items to regional events as well as preparing invoices and packing slips
- Doing data entry, donation processing and other administrative tasks
- Soliciting and tracking in kind event donations
- Sourcing quotes from event vendors
- Compiling and submitting event permit applications
- Helping with all pre-event preparation and providing event day support as required
- Other duties as required
If you’ve got the below, you’ll be a perfect fit:
- 2+ years experience in events, administration, program management, or customer service
- Diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Event Planning, Project Management, Marketing, or Business Administration as asset
- A valid Ontario “G” class driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Strong communications, pleasant phone manners and etiquette
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Solid computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office)
- Comfortable to learn and use database/software (Raiser’s Edge, Artez, Team Raiser, Mailchimp)
- Able to work autonomously and as a member of a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Adhere to the AFP Fundraising Code of Ethics and the Donor Bill of Rights
Interested applicants should send their resume, with subject line “Events Administrative Assistant” to April Watts, National Event Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.