At the FFB, we love writing about vision research. In 2017, we wrote more than 50 stories to share news about stem cell discoveries, CRISPR gene-editing, promising new drug therapies, and emerging treatments for blinding eye disease.
Have you read them all?
The best place to start is with our top 10 most-read stories of the year.
If you are wondering why there are so many stories about gene therapy on this list – start by reading the “4 Big Predictions for Vision Research in 2017” (which holds the #2 spot on the most-read list) and you’ll learn that we were pretty accurate! Also, we actually added the 11th place story too because we are very proud of the Clinician-Scientist Emerging Leader program, which launched in 2017!
- 1. CRISPR Breakthrough: Restoring Vision by Reprogramming Cells
- 2. 4 Big Predictions for Vision Research in 2017
- 3. Restore Vision 20/20: New Initiative Opens Up Greater Potential for Discovery
- 4. First Gene Therapy for a Blinding Eye Disease Receives FDA approval
- 5. Experimental Gene Therapy Completes Critical Regulatory Step
- 6. Clinical Trial Updates: Gene Therapy
- 7. Gene Therapy Improves Vision in Landmark Clinical Trial
- 8. The Biology of Treating Blindness with Stem Cells
- 9. Scientists are Developing an Eye Drop to Treat Inherited Blinding Eye Diseases
- 10. Everything You Need to Know About Genetic Testing for Inherited Retinal Diseases
- 11. Clinician-Scientist Emerging Leader Award: Dr. Brian Ballios